Ir al contenido principal

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Happilyeverafter
Beginner May 2021 Nagpur

Help required for my Bridal blouse

Happilyeverafter, the 7 April, 2021 at 23:42 Posted in Wedding Fashion 1 8
My heavy bridal blouse in velvet (not stitched) has a premade round border on the neck and back that's too large for me and would slide off my shoulders. What should I do? I can't change the blouse because it was chosen by my mil. What to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated. 😇

8 Replies

Latest activity by Prerna, the 9 April, 2021 at 14:03
  • Prerna
    Devoted November 2021 South Delhi
    Prerna ·
    • Hide content

See I will be honest with you. If the blouse cannot be fixed then you can talk to your mother law in a soft way and ask for a solution. This will make her feel good as well. Only if you are comfortable and have that understanding with youMIL. 😃

Else, yes. Putting up lace or getting it fixed by the designer is the best option! Smiley laugh

• Nikita
    Super September 2021 Mumbai
    Nikita ·
    • Hide content
    View tagged message

I like what Gitanjali said. You can get it fixed by adding some doris and laces which can hold up the blouse well!

• Happilyeverafter
    Beginner May 2021 Nagpur
    Happilyeverafter ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone for the help! Much appreciated. I love wedding wire for the lovely community and the support. 💕
    As per your suggestions, I did went to my boutique but they are telling me it's not doable because the machine won't work on the embroidery. I am trying to find another boutique and check if it can be done. 😅
  • Gitanjali
    Devoted November 2021 Delhi NCR
    Gitanjali ·
    • Hide content
    Hey,
    This is common issue that comes up mostly with readymade blouses
    If your blouse is unstitched then the tailor/designer will fix it as per your size and that will definitely be great. Just trust the designer! If it's already stiched Or readymade then you can get the tie up Doris/laces at back of blouse that will add some style and keep it in place preventing slip from shoulder.
  • Aashna
    Expert November 2021 South Delhi
    Aashna ·
    • Hide content

Did you get any solution yet?

• Janette
    Expert May 2021 South Delhi
    Janette ·
    • Hide content

And if you do not want to get it fixed by a designer then you can also use safety pins to pin it up . Just make sure to make it strong enough

• Ambika
    Super June 2020 Mumbai
    Ambika ·
    • Hide content

Hi. First of all, you don't have to worry at all!! You know, the same happened to me. The blouse was too loose for me. But then I went to my boutique and they made it right. Even my mother-in-law gifted me with the same. The border and everything can be fixed. Have you visited your bouquet yet?

• B
    Super October 2021 South Delhi
    Bhavika ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

I can totally understand how precious the wedding outfit is to you. If you think the size of the blouse is loose to you, then you can get it altered from your boutique. I am sure, they will be able to set the blouse according to your size. Or you can also, get it done as an off-shoulder blouse.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

Inspiration