Ir al contenido principal

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Just Said Yes November 2019 Mumbai

Negotiating With Vendors

Ritu, the 3 November, 2019 at 18:31 Posted in Plan a Wedding 1 6
Guys
Is there is a thumb rule to negotiate with vendors? How does one know you are getting the best pricing and honestly I don’t have much time or bandwidth to speak to too many!

6 Replies

Latest activity by Keen, the 26 May, 2023 at 23:08
  • Shreyas
    Featured August 2020 South Delhi
    Shreyas ·
    • Hide content
    View tagged message

This is the Holy Grail Smiley tongue

• Roshni
    Dedicated February 2024 South Delhi
    Roshni ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for posing this question.

• Sakshi
    VIP November 2021 South Delhi
    Sakshi ·
    • Hide content

I will make sure I use all of these pointers as I begin hunting for vendors. Actually I still have a good amount of time left, but by looking at the concerns of all the brides and grooms-to-be I think you can never have enough time to plan a wedding.

• Paris
    Dedicated December 2020 South Delhi
    Paris ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Rudra and would like to add my view. Ask for a package then at the end of it ask them to add one more. e.g a 1 lakh package includes candid, traditional and video. Ask them to include a teaser. Remember you are paying for his talent do not goad him into adding everything.

• Aakriti
    Super September 2021 South Delhi
    Aakriti ·
    • Hide content
    View tagged message

This is really helpful Rudra. I had the very same apprehensions and this seems like a thoughtful way to put all hands on deck

• Rudra
    Dedicated November 2020 West Delhi
    Rudra ·
    • Hide content

Some basic steps that worked for me back in 2017

1. Have a standard offering in mind and ask about the price for that e.g. Photography 1 day - candid, traditional and video - 3 member crew. All photographers you speak to ask about the price of this - will quickly give you a yardstick and a rationale to negotiate. The only factor that will not work here is how good a photographer is since it's at the end an "art" so, for the top guys, this will not work

2. For most of the vendor categories I spoke to 5-7 vendors and booked one. The marginal benefit of talking to more wasn't too high!

3. Do some bit of homework before you start calling - if you use the right jargon, sound knowledgable, its less likely you'll be taken for a ride

I'll think of more and post if i remember some.

Happy planning!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

Inspiration