Ir al contenido principal

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Just Said Yes June 2022 Pakistan

Wedding Styles

Rocky, the 4 June, 2022 at 16:55 Posted in Traditions & Ceremonies 1 2

Now a days in my country, The elders gather around the bride and groom and put leaves on their hands. The elders then put mehandi on the leaf, oil in their hair and feed them something sweet usually mithai (Sweets). Share yours.

Edited by WeddingWire

2 Replies

Latest activity by Jasleen, the 15 June, 2022 at 12:41
  • J
    Devoted October 2022
    Jasleen ·
    • Hide content

In our tradition we have a Milni ceremony. Where the bride's family welcomes the groom's family with an arti. After that the entire groom's family meets the bride's family and their relatives. We have a rule in our family which is no gifts/ sweets to be exchanged. This ceremony is all about interacting and spreading love.
  • Rumela
    WeddingWire Admin November 2021 Gurgaon
    Rumela ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rocky,

That sounds so different. Is there a name for this ritual?

I am from Bengal - India. One of my favorite ceremonies is called 'Gaye Holud'. Our elders make a paste of turmeric, milk, and other ingredients and apply it to the bride & groom's face and hands on the wedding day. It is supposed to be a sign of sharing their blessings with the soon-to-married couples.

I found a blog here, that talks more about this ceremony - https://www.weddingwire.in/wedding-tips/ideas-for-the-haldi-ceremony--c261

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

Inspiration