Ir al contenido principal

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Manvi
WeddingWire Admin Gurgaon

How to Deal With Wedding Postponement Anxiety?

Manvi, the 1 August, 2021 at 15:35 Posted in Community Conversations 0 3

Hey Y'all! 😃

The uncertainty of the COVID situation has led to wedding postponements. To-be-married couples are stressed as they are witnessing a whirlwind of emotions due to the pandemic. Understanding the roller coaster ride that our real couples have experienced, we bring forth valuable insights from Dr Santosh Bangar, Senior Consultant – Psychiatry at Global Hospitals in Parel, Mumbai on how to deal with wedding postponement anxiety.

A wedding is the most important event in everyone’s life, so if a sudden cancellation or the wedding postponement is making you sad or disappointed, don't worry as it is completely normal. It is completely okay and understandable to acknowledge your real feelings. Further, throwing light on this Dr Santosh says, “It is important for couples to acknowledge that whatever their feeling—sadness, disappointment or frustration—is completely valid. There can be consequences to holding up emotions. If one doesn’t let themselves grieve, the sadness and frustration may come out in other ways, like irritability or even mild depression.

The postponement effects on mental health can be varied, ranging from anxiety, sleep disturbance, mood changes, depression, drug/alcohol abuse or simply behavioural problems like irritability, comfort eating or frustration regarding the uncertainty of the pandemic.

To know some tips from his expert's lens on how to deal with wedding postponement anxiety, read here: How to Deal With Wedding Postponement Anxiety?

How to Deal With Wedding Postponement Anxiety? 1

3 Replies

Latest activity by Lynn, the 29 November, 2022 at 19:19
  • Lynn
    Washington
    Lynn ·
    • Hide content

I understand very well what you mean. Recently, I also experienced similar feelings. And most of all I was thrown out of balance by this emotional pressure from my relatives. Frankly, I even had to Try emotional abuse therapy At the session, I once again found out for myself that if you cannot change the circumstances, then you should not worry about them. With this principle, I now try to go through life.

• S
    Devoted October 2022
    Sharon ·
    • Hide content

This is so important for brides these days. Everything in the article is so relatable and it's a must read for all upcoming brides Smiley smile

• B
    Dedicated August 2022
    Barkha ·
    • Hide content

This is such a great information. Thank you for sharing this Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

Inspiration