Ir al contenido principal

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Monica
Just Said Yes December 2022 Pali

Looking for female pandit for December 4 in India (rajasthan)

Monica, the 16 June, 2022 at 01:09 Posted in Traditions & Ceremonies 0 9

Or, alternatively, I am seeking a pandit who will do traditional ceremonies without kanyadaan. I have heard of a group of Bengali priestesses who do such a traditional marriage rite but cannot find any information about how to contact them or make a booking inquiry. Someone who can also explain things in English to non-Indian guests would be greatly appreciated.

Family is based in Mumbai but will be having a small family ceremony in Rajasthan (50-75 people). Bride is from America, and not Indian background (she is white, and has deep spiritual beliefs but is not religious in terms of being patron of a specific organized religion. she has a deep faith in what she defines as "divine feminine grace and miracles").

Groom's side is Jain and has had traditionally arranged (as in, arranged marriage) Hindu weddings with all the family. Groom is the first not marrying with an arranged marriage. He wants to keep the important family traditions, and the bride respects them, but due to a complex and difficult family history wishes to keep her father out of the wedding traditions (he is an athiest, divorced, boisterous, and generally prone to what can become dangerous and even violent emotional volatility).

For further cultural background Groom's side (Kutchi traditional family) thought it was not possible to have a wedding without kanyadaan. The family pandit told them this. Bride has done her own research and of course, has found some priestesses who hold a lineage of divine feminine grace that resonates with her. Only problem is she does not have contacts to find them, and perhaps due to hate mail they do not have much of an online presence.

Does anyone have any advice, or know any pandits who could be of help?

9 Replies

Latest activity by Alex, the 27 October, 2023 at 16:36
  • Monica
    Monica ·
    • Hide content
    View tagged message

Hi to Aashna and to everyone who has been so helpful,

I am thrilled to update this thread to say that Acharya Shruti will be the priestess officiating my wedding in December in Ranakpur! This was one of the most important details for us to get right, and it all ended up in perfect alignment for both me and my fiancé and his family. She will be doing all of the traditional Sanskrit rites, per her own teachings as well as with my fiancé's traditions, honorings, and requirements.

I was not sure such a thing would be possible, and the alternative solutions were no comparison for finding a pandit who is in alignment with both me and my partner on a spiritual level, while still maintaining the traditional rites important to all. The nuance is so important, and so hard to get right at the same time. She will give translations in both Hindi as well as English, and also bring an assistant who will help with the rites, as well as bring the supplies needed so there will be no hassle for us.

Thanks to the WeddingWire community for your guidance, we couldn't have figured this one out without you all.

Shruti featured in the Humans of Bombay Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/Caw0TDGPjGV/

• Aashna
    Just Said Yes March 2023 South Delhi
    Aashna ·
    • Hide content
    View tagged message
    Hey, it's sad that we have really limited choices when it comes to female priests.
    Since this discussion peeked my interest,I tried finding more female priests and found Acharya Shruti based in Jaipur. Here's her Facebook profile- https://www.facebook.com/people/आचार्या-श्रुति-शास्त्री/100004790236667
    I hope you finally get what you want for your wedding 😊
  • Monica
    Monica ·
    • Hide content
    View tagged message

I got in touch with the Shubhumastu group but all of the priestesses are booked on our date (Dec 4). I've not been running into good luck finding someone who can understand and accommodate my request.

• Manvi
    WeddingWire Admin Gurgaon
    Manvi ·
    • Hide content

Hey Monica!

Our team tried calling you but couldn't connect. What time would you prefer to be contacted by our team? 😃

• Manvi
    Manvi ·
    • Hide content
    Sure! One of my team members will contact you shortly and provide you with the top-notched and in-budget vendor suggestions.

Also, I've messaged you personally. Please do check your message box once! 😃

• Monica
    Monica ·
    • Hide content
    View tagged message

Thanks Manvi, any leads would be appreciated. We are also looking for a photographer/videographer and a day-of-wedding coordinator (it is a small wedding and the venue will be handling nearly everything except for flowers).

• Manvi
    Manvi ·
    • Hide content

Hey Monica!

Welcome to WeddingWire India community!💛

We have shared your contact details with the concerned team. They will reach out to help you with the wedding planning super soon!😃

Also, are you looking for other vendors too like a photographer, makeup artist or wedding planner? If yes, then let us know and we will help you with the best suggestions! ✨

• Monica
    Monica ·
    • Hide content
    View tagged message

Thank you so much. We have reached out and are hoping to connect with them. If we cannot find someone to do the rituals like this, our alternative will be to have the groom's side family (uncle) do that part of the ritual (kanyadaan) during the pheras with the family pandit who has performed many ceremonies, rites, and marriages for the family. Groom's parents have passed away, and so elder brother, uncles, aunts, and cousins are the immediate family.

Our hope is to find a pandit who can do something like what the Bengal priestesses are doing, as it seems it is in good alignment with the bride's own wishes and beliefs. https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/west-bengal-couples-novel-wedding-without-kanyadaan-officiated-by-woman-priest-4711688.html

• Aashna
    Just Said Yes March 2023 South Delhi
    Aashna ·
    • Hide content
    Hey, I think I know the Bangali wedding you're referring to. Found the priestess from Bengal on Facebook, you can try reaching out her there.
    Here's the profile link- https://www.facebook.com/nandini.chakravarty.16
    Would really look forward to knowing how it goes.Best wishes to the couple and the family.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

Inspiration