Ir al contenido principal

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Manvi
WeddingWire Admin Gurgaon

#WWIExclusives: Bridgerton Actor Charithra Chandran on How Indian Culture Was Represented in Season 2

Manvi, the 13 May, 2022 at 15:24 Posted in Community Conversations 0 5

Hey Lovelies!๐Ÿ’•

Are you a Bridgerton fan? Do you also fantasise about a fairylike and a regal wedding? To all the Bridgerton fans out there and the brides-to-be who wish to have a whimsical wedding, Charithra Chandran reveals her standpoint on the Indian customs and traditions that added exemplary diversity to the show.

Speaking of authentic cultural representation in the industry, Chandran shares, โ€œIn Bridgerton, we're not showing a full Indian or Hindu wedding. We're showing what these specific characters would be doing. More than anything, it's important to normalize this representation. As people get more accustomed to different cultures, it'll be less of a novelty. It'll just show another way of doing things. So I think what Bridgerton is trying to do is normalize experiences that are different from a lot of other peopleโ€™s experiences.โ€

#WWIExclusives: Bridgerton Actor Charithra Chandran on How Indian Culture Was Represented in Season 2 1

Chandran: โ€œI will have a very traditional Tamil weddingโ€

Shedding light on her love for Indian weddings, Chandran reveals, โ€œThere's a role for every family member in an Indian wedding. There are official and unofficial roles. It's just such an inclusive experience and practice. What Indians really emphasize is that it's a coming together of families. When you get married in India, it's so much more than just the couple. This comes with added pressures, but it's one of the most beautiful aspects. I will have a very traditional Tamil wedding.โ€

If you are a devoted Bridgerton fan, there' s a lot more for you to read. To know more about Charithra take on how Indian Culture was represented and adding Bollywood music in Season 2, Click here to read the exclusive interview: #WWIExclusives: Bridgerton Actor Charithra Chandran on How Indian Culture Was Represented in Season 2

5 Replies

Latest activity by Sushma, the 17 May, 2022 at 14:34
  • S
    Dedicated June 2022 Bangalore
    Sushma ยท
    • Hide content

I loved reading the part where she talked about dark skinned women. She's wonderful! Smiley heart

• T
    Dedicated October 2023
    Tara ยท
    • Hide content

I really liked her in season2. I read the full article. I loved how beautifully she has expressed her wedding plans Smiley heart

• R
    Savvy September 2022 Kolkata
    Rateek ยท
    • Hide content

My partner and I watched this show together. Loved the story Smiley smile

• N
    Nupur ยท
    • Hide content

I'm the biggest Bridgerton fan and Charithra is my favvv. She is so pretty. I will definitely read this ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

• D
    Dedicated July 2023 Gurgaon
    Deepti ยท
    • Hide content

I am a huge bridgerton fan. This is one of the best series I have ever watched ๐Ÿ˜

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

Inspiration