Ir al contenido principal

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Manvi
WeddingWire Admin Gurgaon

#WWIRealWeddingStories #OnlyLoveIsReal !馃挄

Manvi, the 3 June, 2022 at 14:49 Posted in Community Conversations 0 5

Hey Community Members!馃槂

Gaurav & Pranay shared their beautiful wedding journey with WeddingWire India. Read the excerpts from the interview here馃憞

We are Garry & Pranay. We have been together for 5 years and recently we moved to Amsterdam from Warszawa.

I (Gaurav Arora) am from Delhi and Pranay (Przemek Pawlicki) is from Poland. We met through Grindr while Pranay was travelling to India. Our first date was in Hauz Khas Social where I almost broke up with him because of the long distance. He was living with me for 10 days in Delhi and on the last day, Pranay promised me that he will send me an invitation for Christmas, to celebrate with his family. So the day arrived & I flew to Poland. We both were then living together in Poland for four & a half years. When I first met Pranay's family, it was like love at first sight. Pranay felt the same way with my family too, especially with my Mom. Our friends became common friends & a big part of our lives. And then, there was a proposal on Valentine's week, It was Propose day and we were coming back to Warsaw from Pranay鈥檚 hometown in Opole. On the train back, he proposed to me & I immediately said 'Yes'.
Our wedding was just perfect. We drove to Denmark (Aabenraa) with our Polish friend, Ania. Our friends who are making a documentary about us came from Poland & we had two more friends from Denmark who wrote an article about us for the Politiken newspaper. Earlier we had bought suits but in Amsterdam, we changed our minds because the sherwanis that we had ordered from India had arrived 3 days before the wedding. We had Mehndi and Haldi ceremonies with our friends as well.
There was a moment during the wedding ceremony when we both cried. We just both felt we had been through a lot. In Poland, it was just impossible to think about same-sex marriage. We had amazing friends & families who donated for this day. We are thankful because we have received so much love & wishes from everyone.
One advice? Yes, just be yourself. Take your time as much as you want because coming out isn't easy for everyone but also do not wait your whole life. Love yourself, which is more important than anything else. Don't listen to society, relatives or any kind of pressure.

#WWIRealWeddingStories #OnlyLoveIsReal !馃挄 1

#WWIRealWeddingStories #OnlyLoveIsReal !馃挄 2

#WWIRealWeddingStories #OnlyLoveIsReal !馃挄 3

#WWIRealWeddingStories #OnlyLoveIsReal !馃挄 4

#WWIRealWeddingStories #OnlyLoveIsReal !馃挄 5

#WWIRealWeddingStories #OnlyLoveIsReal !馃挄 6

5 Replies

Latest activity by Varsha, the 6 July, 2022 at 18:34
  • V
    Dedicated October 2022
    Varsha
    • Hide content

Gaurav & Pranay make me believe in happily ever after!! 馃槏馃槏

• Manvi
    WeddingWire Admin Gurgaon
    Manvi
    • Hide content
    View tagged message

Hey Tara!

You can DM me on community or share their details on socialmedia@weddingwire.in and one of my team members will get in touch with the couple soon! 馃槂馃挄

• T
    Dedicated October 2023
    Tara
    • Hide content

I have friends who would love to share the gay wedding story, how can they reach out to be featured here?

• Rumela
    WeddingWire Admin November 2021 Gurgaon
    Rumela
    • Hide content

I absolutely love how they are celebrating the Indian culture aboard. Sherwani and mehndi photos melts my heart.. + the celebration of transatlantic love here is sooo special. Keep spreading the love guys.

• D
    Dedicated July 2023 Gurgaon
    Deepti
    • Hide content

Wow, such a beautiful story! 馃槏馃挅

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

Inspiration